Treatments | Integral Body Works
Integral Body Works assists our clients’ in achieving optimal health and wellness. Our treatments consist of registered massage therapy, craniosacral therapy and Jin Shin acupressure.
Massage Therapy | Cranial Sacral Therapy (CST) | Jin Shin Accupressure
Massage therapy is becoming one of the leading forms of bodywork in Canada. Studies show that therapeutic massage can relieve many somatic symptoms and health conditions as well as enhance.
Massage is generally performed directly on the skin using a non-allergenic oil. A massage treatment usually include a variety of techniques, some deeper than others, in accordance with the client’s needs and preferences. Typically, Swedish techniques are used combined with deep tissue and therapeutic techniques, all the while “listening” to the tissues and their responses, for the greatest benefits possible.
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and mobility
- Enhances athletic performance; Treats injuries caused during sport or work
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve headaches and migaines
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Rehabilitation post operative
- Helps relieve mental stress and anxiety
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch
- Creates body awareness and increases mind-body connection
CST is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system – comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
CST uses a light touch treatment to release very deep tensions in the body. Some of these tensions make their way in the soft tissue that lines your brain and spinal cord, therefore affecting the nervous system. By releasing some of those tension the entire body benefits. These soft tissues are also found around the muscles and can be part of the reason for muscle tension. A sense of deep relaxation and often a feeling of lightness is often reported after a treatment. By having such a profound effect on the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system it can eliminate pain and stress, and improve your general state of health.
By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Infantile Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
Jin Shin Accupressure
Jin Shin Acupressure is an ancient healing art developed in Asia over 5,000 years ago. Using the power and sensitivity of the hand, acupressure is effective in the relief of stress related ailments, self-treatment and preventive health care. Acupressure releases tension, increases circulation, reduces pain, and develops vibrant health. Jin Shin balances the body’s energy by applying pressure to specific acupressure points, the same points used in Acupuncture, to release tension and increase circulation. The Jin Shin method of holding acupressure points can relieve pain and common ailments, prevent health disorders, and restore the body’s vital life force Jin Shin works with the spiritual root of an imbalance by releasing muscular tension and harmonizing the body’s life force to aid healing. The Jin Shin style holds two or more acupressure points using both hands to apply light to deep pressure. Jin Shin Acupressure can be used with other forms, or by itself, to balance the energy flow. Taoists throughout Asia practice Jin Shin and refer to the practice as the Art of the Compassionate Spirit.